I’m an introvert, I NEED silence
Silence is the magic word that makes me a better person
It’s through the calm that I am able to go about in everyday life without throwing eggs at passers-by.
…Contrary to the imagery created
I’m actually an okay person
…I only have a few eggs in my bag per day…
Without the poetry in the word silence, I can’t function.
I can’t talk to people constantly and fill my time with activities that are socially stimulating because my brain frazzles out.
It’s the classic case of: “It’s not you it’s me.”
It’s actually quite funny because I find that I gravitate to extroverted personalities
It’s through being an introvert myself and having knowledge of my extrovert friends I can give an idea to you of what you may be
If your are the kind of person who:
- Gains energy from being with people
- Likes to be the centre of attention for long amounts of time (this is in no way a bad thing 🙂 )
- Prefers to spend time with people as oppsosed to being alone
- Have a large group of friends
- Are very out-going (people always know you’ll be at the party)
- Have no problem being the leader in a presentation
You are most likely an:
To contrast, if you are:
- Often seeking alone time
- Are often seen as a listening type
- Lose energy from big social gatherings (sometimes even only small groups)
- Have to mentally prepare for any kind of social event
- Picks and chooses when to be social
- Your friends get a little shocked when you say you’re going to a party
You are most likely an:
It’s not bad to be either DON’T WORRY this isn’t some sort of medical analysis that you look up in the middle of the night cause you’re worried about a cold being a throat infection that will last 20 years…
However, this is in some way helpful because from an honest point of view
I honestly felt horrible about being an introvert.
I always turned down my friends events,
I have very few friends because I don’t socialise
and I quite often fall straight asleep after any big social occasion because I put so much time into the people I talk to
I love to listen
and I love to help
So I naturally give a lot of energy to the people I care about
Extroversion and Introversion are just an addition to your personality.
The extroverts I’ve met are some of the kindest people I know, they bring me out of my shell and make me laugh in ways I sometimes wish I didn’t …cause I get told to be quiet…
Just as the introverts I know are incredibly kind too and always can give a different perspective to a situation because they often observe from the sidelines
Now I know you shouldn’t label everything you do in life
but its quite fun to know
Are you an introvert or extrovert?
New post tomorrow 🙂